Saturday, October 6, 2012

Journey of a thousand steps

"Yeah, I'm a classy son of a bitch.", he said Smugly.
So this is the beginning of my Nth attempt at creating a blog. This time with a bit more aim and purpose. In the past, it's always been random ramblings or just silly images. These days, those are much easier to come by and work better in a lot more sites like tumblr and pintrest that really work well with that kind of post.

So this time, my random ramblings will be about something that really matters to me. This is not so much for me to preach or teach but just to get down on paper a place for me to actually have some history in my thoughts instead of having it end up in a doc or e-mail to be forgotten.

So really quickly, a list of things I'll talk about (but not limited to): Magic: The Gathering, board games, card games, video games, social games, and lots of other things but mostly about games. Game rambles. Grambles. I'll probably change it when I find something more appropriate, or maybe I'll change it periodically. Who knows? I sure don't. I love writing and want to get better at it. I love game design and want to get better at that too. I don't do nearly enough of either so here's me trying to get better at both at the same time.

Things I need to work on? Editing, keeping it short and on topic. As Blaise Pascal is famous for saying, ""I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time." It's a quote I really enjoy, and one I wish I had more time to take into consideration when I write. It's more like, I have too much time and and don't ever get around to editing and lack focus. Adam Savage has been known to live off of deadlines and fictional deadlines. I feel I'm kind of the same way and really need to give myself rewards/punishment for succeeding/failing.

So, here's me with my hat on hoping that I can stick with this. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment